Biography, political and social initiatives of deputy Andrei Skoch
Andrei Skoch is a well-known Russian politician, deputy of the State Duma, philanthropist, and former businessman. In 1999, he left the business world to engage in social and political activity, spheres where he is still active to the present day.
- Andrei Vladimirovich Skoch was born on January 30, 1966 in the village of Nikolskoye in the Moscow region. After receiving a certificate of secondary education, he undertook military service in the Soviet Army as a member of an airborne reconnaissance company.
- In the 1990s, he studied at the Sholokhov Moscow State Open Pedagogical University in the field of Psychology. Later he wrote his dissertation on philanthropy, which he successfully defended in 2000, becoming a candidate of science.
- Andrei Skoch showed his entrepreneurial abilities in the late 1980s, when, together with his business partner Lev Kvetnoi, he organized his first business: a baking cooperative. Later, the comrades turned their efforts in a more profitable direction and started trading in computer accessories.
- Skoch and Kvetnoi did not stop there-- they were constantly looking for new ideas and solutions which could lead to increased profits. Thus, the partners reoriented to the sphere of oil refining and the sale of petroleum products. Eventually, they were selling gasoline through their own network of gas stations. The business was going well, the enterprise was developing, and the partners’ income was growing, when suddenly, the business faced a serious problem: a shortage of oil on the market.
- To solve this problem, Andrei turned to businessman Alisher Usmanov, who, by that time, was already engaged in profitable production in the petrochemical industry. Usmanov could not find any raw materials, but he offered his partners to participate in his new company “Interfin”. Skoch and Kvetnoi accepted the offer and, in this way, changed the direction of their business again, this time moving into the field of investment and finance.
- The scale of the organization's activities grew rapidly, and it soon began buying up assets of industrial enterprises in the Belgorod region
- “Interfin" acquired stakes in two metallurgical plants and was later renamed into “Metalloinvest”. In one of the purchased enterprises - the JSC “Lebedinsky Mining and Processing Plant" (LGOK) - Andrei Vladimirovich Skoch took the post of Deputy General Director.
- LGOK is one of the leading producers of iron ore raw materials in Russia, a leader in the production of hot briquetted iron in Europe and commercial HBI in the world. Being a city-forming enterprise, the factory bears serious social pressure. Andrei Vladimirovich has repeatedly initiated meetings with the local population, during which he got acquainted with the main problems and requests of citizens. This gave him an idea to try his hand in politics: the entrepreneur wanted to more actively participate in people's lives and help his country.
Andrei Skoch was elected as a deputy of six convocations of the State Duma in a row, in the course of which he became the author and co-author of over 160 legislative initiatives. Most of the documents he helped produce are aimed at the development of the social sphere, support for Russian higher education and health care.
The State Duma organizes discussion platforms in order to ensure that important bills, in which the population of the country is interested, reach the voters. They discuss the relevance of the future law, its social significance and quality.
Andrei Skoch believes that the initiative on amending Russian legislation should come primarily from the citizens, who directly feel what the existing state system lacks.
On amendments to Part 2 of the Russian Tax Code aimed at clarifying the procedure for implementing investment environmental initiatives in the Arctic;
On introducing amendments to the Federal Law "On the conduct of Gardening and vegetable gardens by citizens for their own needs" and amending certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation;
In addition to his political activity, the deputy is engaged in charity. For more than 25 years, his foundation "Pokolenie" (“Generation”) has been helping the population of the Belgorod Region. In the first years of its existence, the organization provided financial and other assistance to children born with heart disease. Later, other segments of the population, including medical and educational institutions, began to receive support as well. Every year "Pokolenie" buys modern equipment and transport for hospitals and clinics, opens new medical centers, and helps people with serious illnesses. Medical centers established by the foundation in the region are equipped with everything necessary for high-quality diagnostics and effective treatment of a wide range of diseases. When the coronavirus epidemic began, Skoch’s organization allocated millions of rubles to purchase the necessary protective equipment for medical personnel and also established monetary prizes for contributions to the fight against infection.
Other public initiatives
- Andrei Skoch’s Humanitarian Foundation also supports the country’s military-patriotic infrastructure, allocating money for the restoration of monuments and supporting the functioning of public veteran’s associations.
- All in all, over his numerous years of charity, Andrei Skoch has allocated over 700 million rubles for the development of educational, recreational and military-patriotic initiatives in the region. More than 500 million rubles were offered for restoration and improvement of churches.
- The deputy's fund helps low-income families, parents with many children, veterans and the disabled, and annually allocates multi-million sums to support those in need.
Andrei Skoch visits a medical center and a kindergarten in Stary Oskol
The State Duma deputy visited a minimally invasive surgery center currently under construction and participated in the opening of an orthodox kindergarten.More
Andrei Skoch receives his certificate of a candidacy for the State Duma
The Belgorod regional election commission allowed Andrei Skoch to run for the State Duma.More
State Duma deputy Andrei Skoch awards the winners of the "Best Student of the Year" contest in Belgorod
The winners of the first-degree prize receive 20 thousand rubles a month, while second-degree winners receive 15 thousand.More